What is Best time to visit Uganda?
Uganda’s weather is generally very pleasant all year round. The best weather to visit Uganda is between June and September when it is not too hot and there is minimal rainfall, though roads in parks can sometimes get dusty. The dry seasons are from December through January to mid-March and June to September. These have become the peak tourist seasons and advance booking (sometimes six months ahead) if planning to travel around this time is highly recommended.
January and February are also perfect months to head to the hills and climb the Rwenzoris, Mount Elgon & Muhavura volcanoes.
October to November can be rainy, but fewer travelers find it easier to go on primate safari tours and obtain a gorilla permit. The rains here come in average downpours, so even if you planned to come during the rainy months of October – November or April – May, you would still have a great safari tour experience. The good thing here is, in the rainy months, it is considered off-peak tourist season, numbers are less so things like gorilla permits are always available in most cases, and a tour can be booked in the shortest time possible. Climate change has also changed rainfall cycles, it is getting common to experience rains during the afternoon and late afternoon and at night. Mornings are clear creating less impact on most safari tour activities.
Wildlife viewing safaris:
February and March and September/ early October are the best times for game viewing when wildlife is concentrated around water sources.
Bird watching tours:
A wonderfully rewarding experience all year round, but the peak times are between November and April when migrant birds are present, and remember it’s the breeding season for birds. Most birds are brilliantly colorful and you will also experience changes in breeding colors.
Gorilla trekking and Chimpanzee tracking are all-year activities, the best time for gorilla trekking is during Uganda’s two dry seasons, January and February, and from June to September.
Uganda is, without doubt, a destination of nature, primates and hospitable smiling people.
Uganda Adventure Safari tours
Explore Uganda the pearl of Africa, with local experts. Look at our tours and allow us to craft a personalised experience for you.
Quick Facts about Uganda Adventure Safari tours:
- The country is known for its fine weather. It is sunny most of the year, especially in the Central Region. Often one does not need the wearing of warm clothing except on some chilly nights in the mountains of Western and Eastern Uganda. Rainfall comes in torrents especially when the expected patterns are delayed for some months
- Distinctive wet and dry season are typical of most areas in the country. Rainy seasons from March to May and September to November, the rest of the year is dry.
- Uganda is home to the second largest fresh water lake in the world, Lake Victoria. And is also the source of the longest river, the River Nile.
- Uganda is a country of many cultures - with over 52 tribes that are different; each with its own language and culture.
- This is a safe country for many tourists who would wish to visit and experience the beauty of the country.