5 Days Gorilla trekking safari Fly-in Safari via Kigali – Bwindi Forest National Park
5 Days | Gorilla trekking safari
This 5 Days Gorilla trekking safari Fly-in Safari via Kigali, starts with a flight from Entebbe International Airport to Kihihi/Kisoro airstrip in the south-western part of Uganda. 5 Days Gorilla trekking safari Uganda
TIP: We can customize any tour and can start any date.
- Encounter with one of Bwindi’s gentle giants: the rare mountain gorilla.
- Fly to view Uganda’s Impressive landscapes and beauty by air.
- This tour has second gorilla trekking or Village walk ( Optional).
Need To Know
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost!
- Lodging mentioned in the itinerary depends on availability of rooms available at the time of booking. Reservations will only be made after your confirmed booking with us.
- At the time of your booking, in the event that listed hotels are fully booked, we will do our best to inform you and book a different hotel in the same class.
Day 1: Fly From Entebbe to Bwindi Forest National Park
Uganda Gorilla Fly-in Safari
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your connecting flight to Entebbe. Upon arrival at the airport, you will connect another flight from Entebbe International Airport to Kihihi/Kisoro airstrip in the south-western part of Uganda for the amazing Uganda Gorilla Fly-in adventure.
Departure Entebbe: 07.45 am (check in latest at 06.30 am, 1 hr before your flight departs)
Arrival Kihihi: 09.30 am / Arrival Kisoro: 08:55 am
On arrival at Kihihi/Kisoro airstrip you will be picked up by our representative or staff of lodge you are staying at. You will be transferred in about 1 hour to the lodge.
Journey time: Flight in the morning or afternoon/transfer to lodge 1½ hours
Luxury: ICHUMBI Gorilla Lodge / Mahogany Lodge ( B,L,D).
Budget: Ride4woman / Rushaga Gorilla Camp (B,D).
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park
Today is the big day… Today our guide will pick you up from your lodge, at 7.30am transfer to park gate (5-10 minutes) Pre-tracking orientation starts at 8:00AM. Trekking through the thick jungle, traversing canopies of thick undergrowth can be tough, wet, strenuous but not impossible – the tracking can last from as little as 45 minutes to as much as 10 hours. The activity depends on location of gorillas the previous day. Visitors therefore are supposed to move along with packed/picnic lunch and water, and should be equipped with strong water-proof clothing and must be averagely healthy.
Coming face-to-face with a mountain gorilla is a truly humbling and emotional experience. This is a fantastic and privileged opportunity to get up close and personal with Uganda’s very own ‘Gorillas in the Mist’.
Luxury: ICHUMBI Gorilla Lodge/ Mahogany Lodge ( B,L,D)
Budget: Ride4woman /Rushaga Gorilla Camp (B,D)
Day 3: Second Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park – another Gate
It is breakfast-a packed lunch and off for your second day of gorilla tracking at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Double your gorilla experience in Uganda. Two encounters with the gentle giants of Impenetrable Forest of Bwindi is a completely different rewarding experiences.
Today we have optional activities to select from.
Optional activity 2; Village walk
You will observe women making handicrafts from local materials and those creating the baskets , a chance to buy some. See how hard women are working in the fields tending to their crops. just a hoe and hard work all day in the fields.
If its school going season, visit the local Primary School and meet children and the teachers – amazing how one can learn without electricity, lights, computers.
It’s possible to visit to the Batwa Pygmy community, the original people of the forest – those who lost their homes when Bwindi forest was legally made Impenetrable Forest National Park. This tour ends with traditional dance and gorilla dance.
Depending on the Gorilla family previously available and booked by our tour consultant ( Buhoma or Ruhija or Rushaga) it’s possible to continue this village tour with seeing how tea is picked and how just the newest leaves area picked by the skilled pickers. Chances of seeing local women washing clothes in the traditional way by hand – there is no whirlpool washing machine here – just hands
Head out to a Banana plantation where there is local brewing demonstration using Bananas. Uganda is the original Banana Republic in a literal sense and produces more Bananas varieties than any other country except Brazil, not bad for a country the size of the state of Oregon. Also you can sample the local beer made from Bananas. Traditional Healer – no, he is not a witch doctor but someone who knows what to use from the forest for ailments – you will be amazed at this informative demonstration.
Village tour cost : $20 per person.
Luxury: ICHUMBI Gorilla Lodge /Mahogany Lodge ( B,L,D)
Budget: Rushaga Gorilla Camp / Ride4woman (B,D)
Day 5: Fly Bwindi Forest – Kihihi/Kisoro – Entebbe
Our guide will take care of your transfer to Kihihi or Kisoro airstrip. Today you will fly back to Entebbe International Airport to connect to your destination.
Journey Time for flights to between Bwindi and Entebbe
45 min transfer to Kihihi/ Kisoro & 1h10 min flight
Morning flight schedule
Departure time from Kihihi: 09.45 AM
Departure time from Kisoro: 09.10 AM
Arrival time in Entebbe: 11.25 AM
Please let us know if you wish us to include one (or more) nights in Entebbe or arrange your transport to and from Entebbe Airport.
Local flights are not included in tour cost, please let us know if you wish us to have them included.
End of 5 Days Gorilla trekking safari
Important key Notes on 5 Days Gorilla trekking safari Uganda
To go on a gorilla trek, you need a gorilla permit/license which we can arrange for you. We can only purchase your Gorilla permit after you have made a down-payment to us. Gorilla permits are competitive on a daily basis, advance booking is always preferred.
Please note the gorilla tracking in this itinerary can be done in Bwindi and or Mgahinga national parks. Gorilla tracking is dependent on the permits availability at the time of your booking. Gorilla permits in all parks are on a very high demand and we advise that you book them as early as possible.
- Gorilla trekking can be strenuous activity and Minimum gorilla tracking age is 15 years.
- What to bring: Hiking shoes/walking shoes, long socks to tuck-in long pants , rain wear, warm clothing, evenings can be cold/chilly, gloves preferably gardening type are very helpful and insect repellant.
- Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to track.
- While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and
- Maximum time allowed with the gorillas will NOT exceed ONE hour, you are kindly requested to practice different modes of using your camera in different light situations. Gorillas can sometimes be moving, Forest vegetation can at times obstruct visibility, and hence taking photos of these creatures can be very challenging!
Our standard offering is a 4WD with pop-up roof for easy safari viewing. All passengers will have a dedicated window seat. Your driver/guide will be at your disposal for questions.
If you want to extend your tour to one of our other destinations or if you’d like to add a few side trips to the itinerary, kindly let us know.
Gorilla trekking takes place at altitudes 1160 to 2607m (3806 to 8553ft) above sea level. This means that moderate/average physical fitness is required. The slowest member will determine the groups’ speed. The pace will be moderate, with plenty stops to rest, ask questions, re-hydrate and enjoy the forest and views.
Booking and payment details:
Once you have decided to join one of our safaris, you will need to contact us for booking form which will include details relating to deposit and final payments etc.
Tour price Includes:
- All transfers.
- 4×4 transport with gas.
- English speaking driver guide.
- Accommodation in self-contained.
- Activities as indicated on itinerary.
- Full Board (Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch as on indicated on itinerary).
Tour price Excludes:
- Air ticket.
- Rwanda/Uganda Visa.
- Gorilla permit ($600) per person.
- Tips to Guides.
- Any meals not indicated on itinerary, drinks, tips, items of personal nature, entertainment, any other optimal activity, internal flights to Bwindi ( we can arrange them for you).