Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
2 Days | Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
This Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari takes you to Rwanda’s volcanoes national park a home to the mountain gorillas in the virunga conservation area. The tour also takes you on a city tour to various sites in kigali such as the genocide memorial sites among others. The tour starts and ends in Rwanda.
Need To Know
The tour starts and ends in Rwanda.
Please note that this tour ( at the time of booking) The last day ( return transfer ) of this tour you have the freedom to choose between options; either to fly back from Bwindi or drive back on a road trip.
You might want to drive by road ( 4-5 hours) and depart from Kigali airport ( Rwanda). The choice is all yours. Please inform tour consultant at the time of booking your preferred the option.
At the time of booking in the event that the listed hotel is fully booked or room unavailable, we will do our best to inform you and book a similar hotel of the same class available.
Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
This Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari takes you to Rwanda’s volcanoes national park a home to the mountain gorillas in the virunga conservation area. The tour also takes you on a city tour to various sites in Kigali such as the genocide memorial sites among others. The Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari starts and ends in Rwanda.
Upon arrival in Kigali, we shall have a city tour in Kigali, Upon your arrival at the airport, our driver guide will pick up and transfer you to kigali for a city tour. There you will visit various sites such as the kigali genocide memorial centre, kigali convention centre, and the presidential palace among others. You will have lunch in the city at Frame tree village and then transfer to Volcanoes national park.
Lodging: Stay at Mountain gorilla view lodge/Gorilla solution lodge/Da Vinci lodge.
After an early breakfast, you will transfer to the national park headquarters for a short briefing by the park ranger before trekking. At around 8:30am, transfer to the trekking starting point and then in your respective group follow specific trails into the forest in search of the allocated gorilla family. The trekking time depends on where the gorillas spent the previous night. After the trek, you will drive back to the lodge for refreshment and the transfer to the airport for your return flight.
To go on a gorilla trek, you need a gorilla permit/license which we can arrange for you. We can only purchase your Gorilla permit after you have made a down-payment to us. Gorilla permits are competitive on a daily basis, advance booking is always preferred.
Please note the gorilla tracking in this itinerary can be done in Bwindi and or Mgahinga national parks. Gorilla tracking is dependent on the permits availability at the time of your booking. Gorilla permits in all parks are on a very high demand and we advise that you book them as early as possible.
- Gorilla trekking can be strenuous activity and Minimum gorilla tracking age is 15 years.
- What to bring: Hiking shoes/walking shoes, long socks to tuck-in long pants , rain wear, warm clothing, evenings can be cold/chilly, gloves preferably gardening type are very helpful and insect repellant.
- Anyone with signs of communicable diseases will NOT be allowed to track.
- While possession of a gorilla permit is a guarantee of trekking and
- Maximum time allowed with the gorillas will NOT exceed ONE hour, you are kindly requested to practice different modes of using your camera in different light situations. Gorillas can sometimes be moving, Forest vegetation can at times obstruct visibility, and hence taking photos of these creatures can be very challenging!
Our standard offering is a 4WD with pop-up roof for easy safari viewing. All passengers will have a dedicated window seat. Your driver/guide will be at your disposal for questions.
If you want to extend your tour to one of our other destinations or if you’d like to add a few side trips to the itinerary, kindly let us know.
Gorilla trekking takes place at altitudes 1160 to 2607m (3806 to 8553ft) above sea level. This means that moderate/average physical fitness is required. The slowest member will determine the groups’ speed. The pace will be moderate, with plenty stops to rest, ask questions, re-hydrate and enjoy the forest and views.
Booking and payment details:
Once you have decided to join one of our safaris, you will need to contact us for booking form which will include details relating to deposit and final payments etc.
Trip Price Includes:
- 4×4 transport with gas
- Gorilla permit ($1500)
- English speaking driver guide
- Accommodation in self-contained activities as indicated on itinerary.
- Full Board (Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch on tracking date as indicated on itinerary)
Trip Price excludes:
- Air ticket
- Rwanda/Uganda Visa
- Tips to guides
- Any meals not indicated on itinerary
- Drinks, tips, items of personal nature
- Any other optimal activity.