Booking Terms & Conditions – Chigo Tours Africa Ltd
These are booking terms and conditions govern the contract between the individual(s) purchasing tours, safaris and transport services (hereafter “the client(s)”) and CHIGO Tours Africa Ltd (hereafter “the Company”) to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions, save for those implied by law. No variation to these terms and conditions shall be valid unless prior notice is given in writing and signed by the client and the Company Director.
Booking Terms & Conditions / Reservations
- Upon confirmation of your tour with us, you have to email us back a filled booking form, which confirms that you agree to our terms and conditions.
- In case of a group tour, the person (‘head of group’) who signifies his/her acceptance of a booking does so on behalf of persons under his/her authority/group, which means that all group members are equally bound by these terms and conditions.
Deposit & Payment Policy:
- Reservations are accepted after we have received a non-refundable deposit of; either 30% deposit on road based trip or 70% deposit on flying safari with 100% local flights and 100% payment for gorilla permits and 100% chimp tracking permits for each trip participant. Permits can only be booked and secured by having them paid in advance! The balance of the trip/safari price has to be paid for, not later than 35 days to start of trip.
- Bookings made within 35 days before start of trip, must be paid in full (100%) to have a confirmed trip.
- Failure to complete payment at least 35 days prior to start of trip, the company reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled, will be considered notification of cancellation by default and is subject to cancellation charges.
- While some clients request to pay some balance on arrival, [the balance on arrival must not be more than 30% of tour cost and must be confirmed in writing by management] we need payments for Gorilla and Chimps permits well in advance. We can only guarantee your Gorilla and chimp permit after paying and having them secured! We can only purchase your Gorilla permit after you have made a down-payment to us. Gorilla permits are competitive on daily basis, advance booking is preferred. If the full amount is not paid in due time, the company will not be held responsible for price changes or over-bookings in the time between booking and receiving the deposit.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Cancellation of a scheduled tour booking must be made in writing and is not effective until such written cancellation is received and acknowledged by CHIGO Tours Africa Ltd. The amount of the cancellation fee is calculated based on the date on which the company receives written email notice.
- 190 – 30 days to trip departure – 40% cancellation fee is charged (60% refunded).
- 29 – 15 days to trip departure – 70% cancellation fee is charged (30% refunded)
- 14 – 0 days to trip departure, No refund, 100% cancellation fee is charged. (The payment will be forfeited as it will have been used to make reservations for your trip.
- Cancellation of clients in a group: If one or more clients of a larger private group cancel a trip, they will be charged their part of the shared costs for that group trip, so that the rest of the group will not face any price increase. This amount is in addition to the general cancellation fees (as listed in sections 3, 6 &7).
- Uganda Gorilla Permit Cancellation Policy (separate from main trip cancellation policy): While we arrange Gorilla Permits for you, permits cannot be guaranteed until we receive a full deposit of US$600 per permit. Once we have paid gorilla permit funds to Uganda wildlife park authorities, there is no refund whatsoever. However on tracking day if the warden in charge establishes reasonable grounds for your failure to track, under bureaucratic government situations will he/she recommend a 50% refund.
- Uganda Chimp Permit Cancellation Policy (separate from main trip cancellation policy): Chimpanzee Tracking/Habituation Permits cannot be guaranteed until we receive full payment and actually pay for the permits at the Wildlife Authority. Once we have paid gorilla permit funds to Uganda wildlife park authorities, there is no refund whatsoever.
Amendments made by Client(s)
- The company shall try to accommodate any reasonable changes the client wishes to make to the event. Change and amendment requests should be made with the company and not with end suppliers. And such requests should be made in writing to the company by the group head. These changes shall not be deemed accepted until confirmed in writing by the company.
- If the client wishes to increase or decrease the number of persons participating in the event, this may be done up to six weeks prior to the date upon which your event is due to start without additional charge. All amendments made after that date will incur an administration charge of US$ 30.00 per person. The company cannot guarantee that the change to the price will be pro-rata, but will instead depend upon the arrangements the company is able to make with its suppliers. Subject to the company’s written agreement, the client may transfer a booking to a person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to the event.
Amendments by the Company:
- Changes of itinerary and /or accommodations: CHIGO Tours may be obliged to occasionally change routes and camps on safaris as dictated by changing conditions. Conditions may include; seasonal rainfall on bush tracks, airfields and in game areas, game migrations from one region to another or flight schedule changes, room unavailability at time of booking or other booking problems beyond our control. The company reserves the right to change and/or re-adjust the travel plan/itinerary, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances communicated to client.
- CHIGO Tours Africa is not liable for a refund either in the whole or part, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative is found. If the guest is unable to use any service provided in the itinerary, then there are no refunds due. When requested accommodation is fully booked or otherwise unavailable, the company reserves the right to change the accommodation to an accommodation of the same standard in the same area. This change must be communicated to the client.
Communication / Email:
It sometimes happens that an e-mail does not reach us for situations beyond our control. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours, we advise you to resend your e-mail.
Change of Guide:
If a private guide is unable to lead a pre-scheduled safari due to illness or any other unexpected circumstances, CHIGO TOURS AFRICA and its partners reserve the right to substitute with another guide. Note the Company works with only professionally trained guides so this cannot affect the quality of the tour experience in any way.
- Wildlife: Going on safari may take you into close contact with wild animals. Attacks by wild animals are rare, but no safari into the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not occur. Most of the safari camps are not fenced, so the wildlife does move freely in and around the camps. Always follow the safety guidelines, instructions from Rangers, camp’s staff with regards to getting close to wild animals, moving to and from your tent, lodge or banda and while on game activities throughout your safari. CHIGO Tours cannot be held responsible for any injury or incident on the trip
- Whereas it is a privilege to see animals up-close in their natural habitats, the Company cannot guarantee wildlife or game viewing. In the same manner, whereas a gorilla or chimpanzee permit guarantees clients will be able to track the primates in question, the permit does not guarantee that the animals will be in plain sight.
- Accommodation is based on a twin or double bedded room, tent or banda, with private bathroom where possible. Single rooms may be available with the payment of a supplement fee but availability cannot always be guaranteed.
- Client Conduct: CHIGO Tours reserves the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing on a tour should, in the Company’s opinion or any other person of authority, the person behaves in such a manner that is likely to cause danger, hazard or inconvenience to him/her self, a third party, or damage to property or the environs. In such a case, no refund will be given whatsoever.
- The mode of transport used will be as per agreement on the client’s specifications and the number of people if it is a group tour. Client’s comfort is important to us, so the Company will ensure the vehicles are roadworthy. However no liability can be accepted as a result of a puncture, breakdown or damage or delay due to poor road conditions.
- The Company reserves the right to use any videos and photographs taken during the tour for marketing or any other advertising material; and the client consents to such use.
- The client further agrees that the Company shall retain copyright over any such photographs and videos taken during the tour and/or used in its brochures and, to the extent where necessary, the client hereby assigns copyright of such videos and photographs to the Company.
- It is strongly recommended that clients also take out insurance to cover emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money, cancellation, emergency travel and accommodation, lost baggage and any other cover the clients deems fit. Other than compulsory insurance, the decision of which insurance cover he/she obtains is solely the responsibility of the client.
- Health: The client accepts that to participate in the tour requires a measure of physical fitness and health and it is the client’s obligation to ensure that he/she is medically fit to embark on the tour.
- CHIGO Tours Africa acts as an agent on behalf of client; purchases transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant services and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control. CHIGO Tours Africa cannot therefore be liable for any death, personal injury, personal illness, loss or damage to a person or property or other loss that may occur due to any act or omission of any such supplier, or by reason of any other event over which it has no control.
- CHIGO Tours cannot be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running on schedule. Air schedule changes may necessitate additional nights being added to your tour. Any resulting additional costs must be borne by the client.
- It is the responsibility of the client / group leader to ensure that the necessary documentation like passports, visas, health certificates and other documentation is acquired on time and is up to date.
- CHIGO TOURS AFRICA shall try to ensure that the company exceeds your expectations in every area of the tour arrangements. However, suggestions are very much appreciated in order to keep improving the quality of the service.
- Complaints must be reported immediately to the CHIGO TOURS AFRICA representative and to the supplier of the service in question, who will do their best to resolve the matter. If the problem is not solved to the client’s satisfaction, the complaint should be reported in written form and not later than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- Liability for any complaints not notified in accordance with the above described procedures cannot be accepted.
Guest Representation and Consent.
The person making any booking with CHIGO Tours does so on his behalf and other persons included warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking. The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation on a tour constitutes consent by all guests.
CHIGO TOURS is the marketing name of CHIGO TOURS AFRICA LTD, an organization or/company or /firm registered in Uganda.
Thank you for taking time to read these terms & conditions. Do not hesitate to contact in case you have any other queries